Thursday, October 22, 2009

More questions than answers

I'm now laying flat on my back on the edge of a corn field under the influence of a mild hallucinogenic. The moon is no where to be seen and the sky is clear and crisp. A million stars stretch out before me. Slowly the party, the wife, the director, even my friend not three feet away begin to fade into the background and the sky becomes my world, my only world. As if I was being wrapped in a cocoon of space and time, my mind begins to enter a place of peace and warmth. I remember trying to draw myself down farther into the calm I was feeling but thoughts were getting in my way. Thoughts of Susan, the Director, the size of the universe, the violent nature of man, all these and more were crowding my head. I made a conscious effort to derail this flow of negative energy by the only way I knew how, to concentrate on one of my current thought games. These were projects that what often creep into my thoughts, they were mostly deep dreary problems put into my head years earlier while taking philosophy classes. Is their a God, can he be proved? Those kind of problems. One particular problem popped into my head and stuck "What is the true nature of color?" This was a question I had been grappling with in my job at the time. I had to match colors in order to repair yacht finishes. I began to let my mind ponder on this problem and just as I focused in on this one issue, suddenly the answer was right before my eyes, in full living color. As I focused in on one particular star, I could see one beam of light traveling all the way from this star to me. This beam had spread to a width of about six on this journey and I was in the center of it. It was not solid, it was made of lines in a geometric pattern and the lines were thin much like the strands of a spider web. Each of them twinkled as pulses traveled along them and as the pulse traveled along them they passed through the colors of the rainbow. Before I could process this , I was overtaken by the beauty of it, and thus began my own journey to this star. I had no choice, I was drawn to the light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Philosophy Blogs Philosophy Blog