Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Night of the Whale

Today I must take you the reader on a small side trip. I had a dream last night that goes a long ways in illustrating the frustrations of living with a vision. I dreamt that I was looking down on the sea and in that sea was a large gathering of sharks and dolphins and one rather large Blue whale. Next thing I knew, I was under the water surrounded by many large sea creatures but threatened by none. A path open until only the whale and I were in the area. The whale stayed some distance away and began to communicate with me by a voice that travelled from his mind to mine. The whale began to explain that he and his species where direct descendants of the being that had brought life to earth. His story was one more of memories more then words. He explained that his ancestors had brought life to earth just as they had to thousands of other planets over millions and millions of years. A seed had been planted that would later lead to millions of species. This was done just at the right moment in earths history when life could flourish and continue. His ancestors could not control the direction that life had followed. Their role was only to pass on their essence to the next generation and hope that eventually it would land in a being that could survive and thrive. This had lead to the blue whale. My friend, the whale explained that the memories of countless worlds and forms all resided in his mind. The vision that he showed me of his past had no meaning to me though since I could not grasp the enormity of forever. I asked him now "why me?". Instead he answered "Why now". He was coming to me because man was threatening not only his species or his world, but because man had become a virus that was threatening the entire universe. He went on to explain that his species could tolerate an attack to himself. the killing of a whale was a battle between one form of life and another, an old and acceptable struggle. He could accept the threat of a spread of death to all of life, everywhere, forever. He went on to explain that all he could to was show us,the humans, what a threat we were and even that would cost his life if not the life of all whales. Man was polluting and abusing a planet to the point that the entire planet would become a virus. This virus of destruction would spread to all of life all of space through processes we did not begin to understand. He asked only that we stop. With this he turned and swam away and my dream ended. Such are the dreams of one who has seen a vision of absolute beauty but must wake up to world everyday that contains pain and hunger and tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Philosophy Blogs Philosophy Blog